Ready or not, the holiday shopping season is in full swing! Find out what to expect from online retail this holiday season.
- 60% of online orders will include free shipping.
- Shipping costs are still a source of cart abandonment but, with free shipping, retailers are expecting a boost in sales.
- Mobile is growing rapidly. Last year’s incremental growth in mCommerce sales will pale in comparison to this year as Millennials and Generation Z shoppers continue using smart phones to shop. It is predicted that mCommerce sales will grow 60%.
- eCommerce sales will jump 13% from last year.
- eCommerce is rapidly growing, not just on Cyber Monday, but throughout the entire holiday shopping season.
- Marketing and retail websites will play a huge role in consumer satisfaction.
- Retailers are paying more attention to their online store with more content, personalization, and rich media.
- Amazon will continue to outdo its competitors. It is estimated it will increase its holiday eCommerce share to between 28%-30%, up from a 26% share in 2015.
Essential Steps to Converting Secure Online Customers
- Make it easy for your consumers to shop, with Responsive Design that formats to any device and provides simple navigation for phones and tablets.
- Offer payment solutions and wallet solutions that are mobile-friendly — nothing frustrates potential buyers more than having to type in dozens of characters on a small screen to make a purchase.
- Eliminate fraud and increase sales with a Consumer Authentication program where you can set up rules that allow your loyal consumers to buy with minimal friction, eliminate sales insults, and consistently decline fraudulent transactions. Consumers are looking for quick and easy ways to shop online. Help them by making their shopping experience quick, easy, friction-free and safe with Consumer Authentication.
Contact Cardinal to learn more about Consumer Authentication and how to prepare your business for this holiday season! With One Connection to Cardinal, we can FutureProof™ your business.